We understand the word “needle” can be off-putting to some people. You might get flashbacks to scary pediatrician offices or uncomfortable lab work visits. There are so many people with a fear of needles or injections that it has a name: trypanophobia. However, microneedling isn’t a problem for most clients—even trypanophobics. The process is comfortable, requires no downtime, and visibly rejuvenates your skin. Discover the microneedling Lafayette trusts at the leading clinic for aesthetic services. Contact The Aesthetic Medicine and Anti-Aging Clinics of Louisiana today!
What Exactly IS Microneedling?
It all starts by scheduling a consultation appointment with our professionals. Are you concerned about volume loss, sagging, discoloration, or wrinkles? Before we begin, we’ll discuss your skin goals to see if microneedling is indeed the best treatment for you. Mirconeedling works WITH your body to boost your skin’s health and appearance. To accomplish this, the procedure safely stimulates your skin’s healing abilities.
Kickstarting the healing process naturally improves your skin’s tone and texture. Microneedling addresses wrinkles, enlarged pores, and hyperpigmentation. Additionally, it can help with scarring from acne and stretch marks. It does this by subtly damaging the uppermost layers of your skin. The healing process increases your skin’s collagen production to tackle these imperfections.
Microneedling Step By Step
To get these kinds of results, you might think the process is lengthy and aggressive. However, microneedling is minimally invasive, takes just 30 minutes, and is safe for all skin types. Still a little anxious? Then let’s go through a microneedling procedure step by step.
- The treatment starts with the use of a topical numbing agent. Numbing your skin ensures the treatment is as comfortable as possible.
- Your technician will use a SkinPen device on your skin. It’s the first microneedling device approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration. Tiny needles (where the prefix “micro” comes in!) pierce your skin to stimulate your body’s natural wound-healing process. The needles’ depth depends on your tolerance and desired results.
- This mechanical injury to skin’s uppermost layers of skin promotes an increase of collagen production. An essential protein, collagen remodels your skin. Additionally, the inflammation triggers your immune system. That increases your blood flow and creates new, healing tissue.
- What’s more, you can opt to boost your effect even more by adding a platelet-rich plasma (PRP) treatment to your microneedling procedure. A technician will make a second pass with the SkinPen with the added benefit of PRP from your own blood.
- After finishing with the SkinPen, your technician will apply a soothing gel. It cools your skin and prevents it from drying out post-treatment. Your skin will look a little pink or red. You might experience dryness, tightness, itching, or other tenderness. You can resume our daily activities—just avoid makeup and certain topical products for 24 hours.
Experience The Power Of Microneedling Lafayette and Baton Rouge
Are you ready to see what microneedling can do for you? Contact The Aesthetic & Anti-Aging Clinics of Louisiana. You can schedule a consultation online at our Lafayette or Baton Rouge location. You can also browse our other facial rejuvenation options and skin treatments. We can’t wait to help you achieve your best skin yet.