The PRP Difference
Platelet-rich plasma (PRP) increases the regenerative effects with small amounts of your own blood plasma. When inserted back into the skin during a microneedling treatment, its natural growth factors and protein stimulate rapid skin repair and further collagen production.
Microneedling at Aesthetic Medicine
We use SkinPen, the only FDA-cleared microneedling device in the world. The process is approved and safe for all skin types. The only preparation is avoiding Retin-A or other products that cause sensitivity for 7-14 days before the treatment.
Here’s what happens during a microneedling appointment at Aesthetic Medicine:
- If doing PRP, a nurse will first draw your blood.
- We’ll apply a topical numbing cream to the treatment area(s).
- Once numb, an experienced technician will glide the Skinpen across the area. The depth of the needles depends on your needs, comfort level, and desired results.
- The PRP is then applied on a second pass of the microneedling treatment, allowing it to inject into the skin to work its healing powers.
- After your session, you can resume daily activities. The treated area may appear flushed, and some bleeding can occur, depending on your needle depth. Avoid makeup for 24 hours, and be aware that certain topical products can cause peeling.