Tattoos used to be considered permanent and irreversible, but that is no longer the case. If you regretted getting a tattoo for whatever reason, your only recourse was to have it painfully removed with the probability of a lasting scar. Today, you can safely and effectively remove a tattoo with the state-of-the-art technology used to create the PicoWay® laser. Thanks to this innovative form of laser tattoo removal, you can get rid of your unwanted tattoo with far less discomfort and downtime than previous methods.
Dermabrasion and surgical excision are also sometimes offered to remove tattoos, but tattoo removal with lasers is considered the preferred technique because it has few risks and virtually no side effects. It works because the high-intensity laser light is absorbed by the pigment in the tattoo ink, breaking it up so that the body can absorb and eliminate it through the bloodstream. The PicoWay® laser uniquely utilizes a combination of both light and sound energy to effectively break up the pigmentation in the ink. This allows the body to remove it on its own with time.
During a consultation with our tattoo removal expert, your tattoos may be evaluated and the right removal process recommended. You may need several treatments depending on the age, color, size and place of your tattoo. Most people need between four and six treatments to get the best results, which is significantly less than with other laser tattoo removal methods. The removal technique may be adjusted according to the depth of ink in your skin, but the PicoWay® laser is still safe to use on any skin type and tone. The main benefits of laser tattoo removal include the following:
• It is safer than other treatments
• It comes with low risk
• It has less chance of scarring
• It is an outpatient procedure
Some things that you should consider when choosing laser tattoo removal are:
• Professional tattoos are generally easier to remove with a laser because the ink penetrates the deeper layers of skin at uniform levels.
• Homemade or amateur tattoos may require more treatment sessions.
• Tattoo removal with the PicoWay® laser uses incredibly short bursts of intense laser energy, a method that leads to much less discomfort and more effective removal than traditional lasers or alternative methods.
• It is important to follow pre and post care instructions for tattoo removal, which we will discuss during your consultation.
At The Aesthetic Medicine & Anti-Aging Clinics of Louisiana, we will be happy to help you say goodbye to your tattoo regret. We are conveniently located in Baton Rouge and Lafayette and proudly serve both areas with a wide variety of professional cosmetic services. Contact us today to schedule your consultation and learn more.