Who knew the latest beauty trend would involve hundreds of tiny needle pricks all over your face. This may sound painful, but it’s actually incredibly effective! Microneedling in Baton Rouge has become an extremely popular beauty treatment for its amazing benefits—including treatment of acne scars, large pores, and more.
What is Microneedling?
Before considering microneedling in Baton Rouge, it helps to understand what it is and what it does. While it might sound scary or painful, microneedling has been around since the 90s. Today, it is a widespread and safe procedure that’s become very popular in the past few years.
Microneedling is a procedure that sounds scarier than it actually is. Hundreds of tiny needles are used to create tiny punctures in the top layer of skin. However, these feel like tiny pinpricks and works to stimulate collagen production and healing. The procedure is usually performed by dermatologists and aestheticians and is extremely safe.
Microneedling is a very minimally invasive procedure that helps improve your skin, restore a youthful appearance, and treat many common beauty concerns like:
- Acne scarring
- Wrinkle and fine lines
- Brown spots and blemishes
- Pigmentation issues
Remember: microneedling often requires multiple sessions to see the results you’re looking for. So don’t go into your first treatment expecting it to be the magic solution.
How is Microneedling in Baton Rouge Performed?
The microneedling procedure is a relatively simple process. First, your skin will be prepped with a formula of vitamins well in advance of your treatment to help increase collagen production. As for the actual microneedling process, it breaks down into a few steps:
- The person performing the procedure will prep the skin, applying an antiseptic and a solution to clean your skin.
- Your skin is massaged and stretched by hand, and a dermaroller is rolled onto the skin in various directions.
- The dermaroller will create tiny pinpoint punctures in the skin, which may cause minor bleeding.
- The skin is then cleaned with a saline solution, and an ice pack may be applied to the skin.
- Finally, a collagen enhancing formula is used to help stimulate recovery and collagen production.
For best results, we repeat this procedure several times over the next few months to help you achieve the results you’re looking for. The number of treatments required to achieve the best possible result depends on the underlying reason for doing the procedure.
Who Should Get Microneedling?
Microneedling isn’t for everybody! There are certain conditions that may prevent you from utilizing the procedure.
Who Makes A Good Candidate For Microneedling?
Microneedling is a great solution for a lot of conditions. If any of the following apply to you, microneedling might be a great option:
- Stretch marks
- Fine lines or wrinkles
- Uneven skin texture
- Acne scars or other types of facial scarring
- Sun-damaged skin
- Moderately loose skin (laxity)
Who Should Avoid Microneedling?
If any of the following apply to you, microneedling may not be a good course of treatment:
- Keloid scarring
- Fungal infection
- Pregnancy (or currently nursing)
- Immunocompromised or Immunosuppressed
- History of eczema, psoriasis or other chronic conditions
Ask our specialists more about if you qualify. After all, every case is different!
Considering Microneedling in Baton Rouge? Give Us a Call!
To enhance your skin with microneedling in Baton Rouge, consider us here at The Aesthetic Medicine & Anti-Aging Clinics of Louisiana, also located in Lafayette. Contact us today to schedule your consultation!