Menopause can be a trying time in a woman’s life. Every woman’s experience is different, so there is no blueprint of how to manage the symptoms. Therefore, hormone replacement therapy through anti-aging clinics may help women navigate the uneasy waters of menopause. Understanding what is going on with their bodies is just the first step in figuring out what is best for them. Women would benefit to understand how different hormones affect their body and how they can replace some of these hormones to maintain the health of vital systems in their body. There are many reasons to have hormone replacement therapy and the following are just a few:
- Reduced number of hot flashes – They might not go away, but they might be less frequent and less intense.
- Fewer night sweats – These are a byproduct of hormonal changes. By using hormone replacement these night sweats can be reduced.
- Fewer emotional swings – Hormones during menopause can go haywire. If you use hormone replacement therapy, the hormones can be stabilized more, thus reducing these swings in emotion.
- Protection against osteoporosis – When women go through menopause, they begin to experience bone loss. With hormone therapy, bone density can be improved and can minimize breaks.
- Lower incidence of colorectal cancer – If the hormone replacement therapy includes estrogen and progesterone, it has been shown to impede the growth of uterine tissue. This can lead to colorectal cancer when progesterone is not used.
Our clinic can help with hormone replacement therapy. There are different kinds of therapy that women can explore to decide what will be best for them individually. This kind of therapy is considered a medical treatment, so it is important to do research and reach out to professionals who can help you make the best decision. Our professionals are available to help women during one of the most confusing and significant times in their lives.
There are major hormones that are affected as a woman gets older and goes through menopause. These hormones include estrogen, progesterone, testosterone, DHEA, Pregnenolone, thyroid, melatonin, and hydrocortisone. The waning of these hormones can affect multiple systems in the body of a woman as she ages, including the brain, liver, ovaries, and immune system. The symptoms associated with the loss of some of the hormones include losing muscle mass, increased stress, mood, energy, memory, nerve tissue repair, and other vital body functions.
Our professionals can explain the body’s response to the reduction of certain hormones as the body goes through menopause. This can help women understand why hormone replacement therapy is important and how it can help them. It’s important for women to learn what options they have, so they can make a proper decision about their current and future health needs. For further information, get in touch with The Aesthetic Medicine and Anti-Aging Clinics of Louisiana and schedule a consultation! Our offices are conveniently located in Baton Rouge and Lafayette. Contact us to set up your appointment today!