Are you unsatisfied with your pout? Don’t worry—many people share this insecurity. In fact, dermal fillers are among the most popular cosmetic procedure nationwide. Many people turn to dermal fillers for lip augmentations in Baton Rouge because they are affordable and have minimal side effects. So, if you’d like to learn about dermal fillers for lip augmentations, The Aesthetic Medicine and Anti-Aging Clinics of Louisiana is here to guide you through the basics.
Why Are Dermal Fillers for Lip Augmentations So Popular in Baton Rouge?
For years now, individuals from coast to coast have transformed their appearance with the help of a few injections. Those who have experienced dermal fillers rave about them from behind perfectly pouty lips for a multitude of reasons. Here are a few of the reasons they have soared in popularity over the past decade.
- Dermal fillers are a nonsurgical option directly addressing thin lips with minimal recovery time or pain. Besides minimal bruising around the mouth, there is no required downtime, and you can return to daily life as soon as you leave your appointment. Occasionally, the bruising will develop around the nose or other surrounding areas depending on the brand of filler. Your body’s natural susceptibility to bruising will also determine how much bruising you will experience.
- Because of the customizable nature of the injections, each individual is in control of how the result will look. Fillers can help you achieve a look that is subtle and natural or give you more dramatic results for a fuller pout.
- There is low risk because of the temporary nature of fillers. Eventually, fillers fade, and your lips will return to their natural appearance. This is great for a low commitment alteration for those who feel nervous about unexpected results. Typically, dermal fillers last around six months, depending on your body and lifestyle. Touch-ups can be added on an as-needed basis.
Choosing the Right Filler for You
The Aesthetic Medicine and Anti-Aging Clinics of Louisiana currently offers two different dermal fillers for lip augmentations in Baton Rouge—Juvederm and Restylane. It is easier to list similarities over differences. Since they were formulated for the same intention of adding volume to the lips, the formulas are very similar. Both are hyaluronic acid-based injectables. The results are very similar as well, and the procedure is the same for both brands. Overall, they do not have drastic differences, but here is what sets them apart.
- Juvederm has a smoother consistency while Restylane has a more sandy texture. The difference in texture influences how quickly you will see your results. Typically, the smooth texture of Juvederm delivers instant results while Restylane may take a few days to appear.
- Since Restylane is granular in its texture, it stays in place after being injected. Your injector will then work and mold the product to your desired shape and may offer more volume than Juvederm. If you are looking for more fullness or to smooth lip contours, this may be the right option for you.
- Typically, Juvederm is more expensive but tends to last a few months longer than Restylane.
There are a few minor differences between these two fillers. It is important to note that results and experiences differ from person to person as our bodies all have their own unique responses and histories. Just because something is the case generally does not necessarily guarantee you will experience the same results.
Therefore, it is crucial to have an open discussion during your consultation with your medical professional. At The Aesthetic Medicine and Anti-Aging Clinics of Louisiana, we are careful to take your unique features and factors into account when deciding how to achieve your desired results.
Ready to Get Your Perfect Pout?
The experts of The Aesthetic Medicine and Anti-Aging Clinics of Louisiana have provided dermal fillers for lip augmentations to the people of Baton Rouge with years of success. Our experience and passion for what we do help us deliver the results our clients envision. If you would like to schedule your consultation, please call 225-753-1234 or send us a message online. With our help, you’ll be saying hello to your ideal pout in no time.